WAYS TO CELEBRATE VALENTINE'S DAY IN SEATTLE
by Kylie Monson, SHW Event Coordinator
Valentine's Day is right around the corner. Do you have plans with your plus one yet? If not, don't stress, your friends and Seattle experts at SHW are here to help. Below is a compilation of our best date ideas for this February 14th in Seattle…
Indulge in Seattle’s Chocolate Scene
Seattle has a vibrant chocolate scene with a variety of chocolatiers, chocolate shops, and events that celebrate the art of chocolate making. Whether you're a chocolate connoisseur or simply enjoy indulging in sweet treats, Seattle offers a range of experiences to satisfy your chocolate cravings and deepen your appreciation for this beloved culinary delight. Here are some of our favorite local chocolate experiences:
- Seattle Chocolate Factory Tours
- Theo Chocolate Hands-On Chocolate Classes
- Indi Chocolate Classes (chocolate-making, truffle-making, coffee-brewing, mixology classes, and more!)
- Hot Chocolat Artisan Firehouse Chocolates Classes (chocolate-making and macaron-making classes offered)
Attend a Lipsology Event
Seattle is home to one of only eight certified Lipsologists worldwide! Seattle expert Deni Luna practices lip-reading by studying lipstick prints or “kiss marks” on sheets of paper to interpret an individual’s characteristics. Deni is holding a FREE Lipsology event at the W Hotel in Seattle on February 14th from 5:00pm-8:00pm with complimentary Valentine’s Day cocktails!
Taste Wine in Woodinville
Just 20 miles outside of Seattle lies the city of Woodinville, home to over 130 wineries and tasting rooms, Woodinville is the perfect destination to celebrate Valentine’s Day. You can easily walk from tasting room to tasting room or cozy up at your favorite one and stay a while. A few wineries we love and recommend:
Keep the spark alive by making your own, personalized candle at Elm Candle Bar in Capitol Hill. Smell over 90 unique fragrances from “baked bread” to “rain” to “old books.” A scent specialist will work with you to create the perfect combination of your favorite fragrances. This hands-on experience gives you the opportunity to mix, pour, and design a candle that is uniquely yours to take home.
Paint & Sip
Discover your inner Rembrandt, Picasso, Warhol, or whomever dwells in your creative space, at a local paint and sip experience. Many offer double canvas creations for you and your painting partner on Valentine's Day. Here are a few of our favorites in the area:
Romantic Dinner Date
Seattle is a city that stimulates the senses and its culinary scene is no exception. For foodie couples, we've rounded up our favorite, romantic restaurants in the city and surrounding areas.
- AQUA by El Gaucho (Seafood / Seattle Waterfront)
- Archipelago (Filipino American / Rainier Valley)
- Ascend Prime Steak & Sushi (Steakhouse + Sushi / Bellevue)
- Cafe Juanita (Italian / Kirkland)
- Canlis (Pacific Northwest / Queen Anne)
- Maximilien Restaurant (French / Pike Place Market)
- Serafina (Italian / Eastlake)
- The Butcher's Table (Steakhouse / South Lake Union)
- The Pink Door (Italian / Pike Place Market)
Staycation for Two
You don't need to travel far to take in the beauty of Washington with your special someone. From impressive skylines to relaxing coastlines, a staycation getaway could be the perfect way to escape, reconnect and unwind. In addition, each of these destinations has an onsite spa for extra pampering during your stay.
- Lotte Hotel Seattle
- The Woodmark Hotel and Still Spa (15 min outside of Seattle)
- Willows Lodge (25 min outside of Seattle)
- Salish Lodge & Spa (35 min outside of Seattle)
- Alderbrook Resort & Spa (1 hr 35 min outside of Seattle)
- Suncadia Resort (1 hr 35 min outside of Seattle)
- Posthotel Leavenworth (2 hrs 15 min outside of Seattle and ADULTS-ONLY)
And remember, Valentine's Day is a HOT DATE so don't forget to book your reservations asap!
SHW is the Pacific Northwest's premier event agency. Contact Us to help you with customized experiences, bookings, transportation solutions, and more.