TIPS FOR PLANNING YOUR LAST-MINUTE SEATTLE HOLIDAY PARTY
by Kylie Monson, SHW Event Coordinator
The holiday season is nearly upon us which means it's also time to host your annual holiday party. You may be starting to think about ways to make this year's gathering a smashing success, but realize you're running short on time and fresh out of ideas. Look no further than to your friends at SHW for fun and creative options that will minimize the planning stress and maximize the cheer. As event management experts, we know a thing or two about hosting a good party and have compiled some of our favorite Seattle experiences for 2023 that are sure to impress.
To start, we recommend pairing a local venue with a local holiday experience. Let someone else manage the room setup, food, beverage and cleanup by securing a private room at a local restaurant. If evenings are already booked, or you want to keep it a 9-5 experience, ask about reserving a private room for lunch instead of dinner. Once guests have filled their bellies, get deeper into the spirit of the season and head to a nearby holiday hotspot.
Got a healthy budget? Try these perfect pairings:
- Aerlume + White Christmas The Musical at The 5th Avenue Theatre
- Aqua by El Gaucho + Winter Brilliance at Chihuly Garden & Glass
- Canlis + George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker brought to you by the Pacific Northwest Ballet
- Fairmont Olympic Hotel's Festive Season offerings including holiday tea, a Teddy Bear Suite and designer trees. Reserve a private room at The George or go speakeasy-style in the Founders Club
- Teatro ZinZanni is BACK IN SEATTLE with a residency at the Lotte Hotel. Dinner and a show all-in-one!
- Wild Ginger + Seattle Symphony Holiday Concerts at Benaroya Hall
Budget conscious? These mid-range pairings will bring the magic:
- 2120 + Seattle Christmas Market (a NEW Seattle experience inspired by European Christmas markets)
- Cantinetta + WildLanterns at Woodland Park Zoo
- Cinque Terra Ristorante + Winterfest at Seattle Center
- Haymaker + Astra Lumina at Seattle Chinese Garden (a NEW immersive “nightwalk” experience)
- Purple Café + Gingerbread Village at Sheraton Grand Seattle
- Westward or Dockside at Duke's + Argosy Cruises Christmas Ship Festival (at either restaurant you will have a front row seat to watch the Christmas Ship Festival sailing by, or book tickets to board a ship and experience the magic up-close)
Need to take your corporate holiday party to the next level? Contact SHW to help you with customized event experiences, transportation solutions, onsite logistics, and more!